Monday, August 11, 2008

Defcon Sunday & Postop

So I did not get around to posting yesterday, so I will one shot it here. If I had to describe Defcon in one word, that word would be Beer. There was beer everywhere, everyone it seemed like, was drinking at all hours of the day. At least the hours I attended. Which is cool, I love beer, but it just made me want to drink and I had to limit that participation.

At any rate, I hit a few panels on Sunday, "Mobile Hacking Spaces", "Internet Wars 2008" and "Hacking the Internet, No Really". All of them were very interesting, ok so the first one was not all that interesting from anything other than a curiosity stand point and was thusly attended by the small crowd I had seen all weekend.

The Internet Wars panel / debate was quite lively and interesting, made more interesting by the presence of beer and Dan Kaminsky. The biggest drawback of this panel, as well as all the others, was the lack of microphones for audience questions. The beers this panel was handing out for good questions, however, encouraged folks to walk to the stage and use a mic up there to ask the questions.

The final panel of the day, running right up until the Awards / Closing Ceremony took place, was the technical panel on how the convention wireless network was highjacked and rerouted through a server in NY.

I decided to pass on the Closing Ceremony to have a night home with my honey and we watched a bootleg of Dark Knight. Thus closed my first Defcon, I will be better prepared for next year, to hopefully attend and get a much fuller experience from the con.

No comments: