Thursday, January 14, 2010

CES 2010 - Day 2

Friday was another late start to the show, but did a through pass of the North Hall and Central Halls. Played with the Samsung Moment for a long time, as it is probably going to be my next phone. Yeah, not too sexy, but an Android, so we will give that OS a try. Was cool that Samsung had not just working phones, but with service, at least the one I tried was live.

Watched some 3D television, a cool demo at the Polaroid booth, yes film is back apparently. 3D X Games & FIFA Soccer trailers at the Sony booth gave me a headache, not sure I will be jumping on the 3D bandwagon anytime soon. Also still have not seen Avatar, on a side note.

Saw some hardware that you hook up to your household appliances, so it can tell you when to run them to save the most money. Kinda cool when I saw the demo, kinda lame to everyone I told about since the show. That was courtesy of Intel.

Had a hideous orange phone case forced at me, not much swag this year. Last year tons of USB keys and Micro SD cards, this year, pens and that was about it. Just as well on Friday I was without my car, so I headed out early.

Next stop was the Las Vegas Hilton for the Tweetup, it went well thanks to their great work, @RobertGaines & the absent @PeterAcero. In addition to the great giveaways for food and stays that the Hilton gives up, @IntlCES kicked in some press bags. Still didn't win one... next year press for sure.

Rounded out the evening at the @LenovoSocial & @GDGT Bloggers Lounge Party, very nice, lots of food and drink. Spent some time with other Las Vegas locals and just enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: