Friday, January 16, 2009

Beer N Blog - Las Vegas Edition


So, I really should learn not to flash my phone rom before I head out to a social networking event. It makes it difficult for me to mobile blog when my phone will not send the message out properly, add alcohol to the mix and well you get the idea.


At any rate, the first Beer and Blog in Las Vegas was a huge hit last night. Expectations varied but with over 30 people attending, it's safe to say that a second event will be in order. Apparently Twitter really is an effective social media tool, because it propagated quite a bit through the Interwebs.


I certainly did not have the opportunity to meet many of the attendees, but did chat at length with several of them. Definitely looking forward to meeting some other folks in
the future.


But really, on to the fun stuff. As #bnblv crowd thinned out, the college crowd began to fill in, and to our "delight" we found ourselves amid open mic night. There was quite a cast of celebrities, especially if you are a fan of nineties alternative music. We had Lisa Loeb, the lead singer of Midnight Oil and the late, great (op‌ions may vary) Kurt Cobain in attendance. Oh and some guy with a Mac singing about Star Wars, looked so bored with himself, I thought he was gonna go all narcoleptic in his chair.


While I am known in my circles as a ham in Rock Band, especially when I sing and play guitar at the same time. However, I generally tend to keep that to the privacy of my living room. Well except for that time last week at Harrah's, but we won't talk about that. Still it was great fun mocking the youngsters with references they really didn't understand.

Lots of good beer, some tasty fried food, not a bad little joint, the Freakin' Frog, btw, helps to mention the place you are talking about. Big shout out to everyone that attended, hope you all had as much fun as I did.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for coming to Beer & Blog! It was a lot of fun hanging out with you, and also thanks for babysitting my silly drunk husband, LOL. :)

I look forward to seeing you again at the next one, and meeting your girlfriend!