Sunday, January 11, 2009

CES09 - Day Four Wrap Up

After the fail of Saturday, I needed to get off to an early start on Sunday. Although the scary folks, in line in their pajamas at Starbucks had other ideas. I managed to get down to the convention center just after nine.

Sunday was pretty quiet, but I had a lot of ground to cover. I worked from the North to South halls before deciding to head over to the Sands. A quick bus trip over there and the crowd was a bit heavier thanks to the Adult Entertainment Expo.

Normally I really enjoy the Sands portion of the show, but this year, not so much. I grew bored pretty quickly as my mind and stomach became more interested in lunch. The next big decision of the day, Gordon Biersch which would be taxi or on foot or shuttle back to the CC and a hike to the Hilton.

I opted for football and the Hilton, made my way over to the theatre for $1 hot dogs and $2 beers. Watched the end of the Giants / Eagles game and the start of the Chargers / Steelers. That was a nice break that gave me the energy to make another pass through the convention center.

Admittedly I got caught up in the last minute swag opportunities at the show. I got some of my best stuff in the last hour, lots of Micro SD cards, card holders, hats, shirts and orange pens. Why so many damn orange pens? Well I take those to work at any rate.

Surprisingly I stayed until the show closed at 4 before getting in my car and finding myself home by 430 to watch the end of the game. I definitely did not cover the show as much as I had intended, but I did have a good time. In the end, that's all that matters.

No comments: