Thursday, January 29, 2009

#BNBLV Week 3 - Still Growing

Strongbow Cider is the starting drink this evening, we filled up fast. Reserved three tables for us, they were full in about 45 minutes. Things are definitely growing around here, more laptops, more cameras, more people.

The owner of the Freakin Frog stopped in for a visit tonight, to say hello and check out the group. Also a representative from the Las Vegas Twestival, more info on that can be found here:

http://lasvegas.twestival.com/

Next up, Giddy Up Ale made with espresso, nice beer on the light side Belgium Ale, and dun dun dun the guy at the bar starts talking to me about it. He is drunk and annoying, the only thing I took from the conversation was a crack about "and I like to say from cocaine to Rogaine".

Later as the crowd at the BNB break into smaller groups, I wander up to get my second beer, trying to avoid the creepy drunk guy. Unfortunately he has another victim cornered who introduces herself to me in order to break off from him, and I am spotted. I get another 20 minute drunken tale, about what he did on New Years Eve.

After a long chat with @NealMason about World of Warcraft, it's time to head out to the Fail Kitchen to make some food for the work pot luck on Friday. But I cannot resist introducing drunk creepy guy to Neal and his friend Brian.

They thank me for this...

Needless to say, shenanigans ensued and I did not get out of their at my intended target time, but much later. Now officially named "The Creepy Guy", he set out on a barrage of victims and tirades that would make a sailor blush. But I will let the video evidence speak for itself, my poor quality cell phone vids can be found here on You Tube.

No comments: